Sunday, June 5, 2011

My CVS last minute trip... over $50 worth of product for under $5

So tonight I had to run out and get cotton balls so I could help my daughter with a project for school. I don't like running to the store because I usually have a list and my coupons and I don't usually do spur of the moment. But tonight I had a great experience going spur of the moment and wanted to share my couponing experience with you all. I grabbed the store weekly when I walked in just to see if there was anything that I just had to get (of course my coupons were with me so I was prepared to use them) and of course I found something that I couldn't pass up.

 I scanned my CVS card when I walked in the door and was given a $3 off $10 beauty purchase. That's always fun to get. Expiring tomorrow, I just had to find something to use it on. Luckily L'oreal lipstick is on sale for $5 and if you spend $10 you get $3 extrabucks. Well I happened to have $2 off any L'oreal lip product, and I had two of them. I also saw that John Frieda Hair repair was on sale for $8 and if you spend $10 you get $3 extrabucks. I happened to have, from this weeks newspaper, a $5 off John Frieda Hair Repair treatment and of course I had 2. I try to have atleast 2 of every coupon. I also had a $4 off any purchase of $20 or more. CVS emailed it to me and it expired today so I was looking for something to use it on. The end of it was I spent $2.76 on the lipstick, lipliner, and two hair repair treatments. And I got 2 $3 extrabucks on my receipt.

I also got two packages of Always pads, which are on sale for $2.99 and I had 1 $.50/1 and 1 $.75/1 coupon. So I got two packages of Always pads and a package of cotton balls (the original reason I came to the store) and I used the coupons and the two $3 extrabucks rewards from my first transaction and my out of pocket was $1.46.

So for a grand total of $4.22 I got a L'oreal lipstick, lipliner, two John Frieda hair repair treatments, 2 packages of Always pads and a bag of cotton balls. Best last minute shopping trip I could have ever asked for.

No comments:

Post a Comment